If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you could be a victim of fraud or involved in a scam.
- Did you receive a check for an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
- Is the amount of the check you received for more than the item’s selling price?
- Did you receive a check via an overnight delivery service?
- Did you receive a check connected to communicating with someone by email?
- Did you receive a check drawn on a business or individual account that’s different from a person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed you were the winner of a lottery, such as the Canadian, Australian, El Gordo or El Mundo lottery, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to either wire, send or ship money as soon as possible to a large U.S. city or to another country, such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country, such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving pay or a commission for facilitating money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update or provide your account information?
Don’t get ripped off. If you’ve recently been a victim of fraud, contact us immediately or call us at 800.866.6474.
Queremos mantenerle informado
You can bank with confidence knowing your funds are secure at SCE Credit Union. With the growing sophistication of fraudulent techniques, we work diligently to protect you from the latest scams.